Saturday, September 4, 2010

North Westy VW Services

A friend sent me a link to North Westy  , they do T3 Vanagon pop-top conversions starting $3500. Thats some seriously exciting stuff right there. Some time in the near future I can plan on driving my T3 Vanagon to WA. I can go mountain bike riding after I drop of the T3 for the conversion, after I'm done I can then fly back, when the Vanagon is done I can fly in, pick it up and road trip back home. The conversion is only $3500 so its a heck of a bargain for the work and benefits I will get in return. I now have to make a decision between the engine conversion or a camper top....I'm going to have to do some serious thinking, and to make things worse, the guys at Noth Westy also do the 4 wheel drive syncro conversion. Can you imagine it, a mini RV camper with 4 wheel drive that still gets 28 plus MPG....I can dream cant I.


On a side note, I went to the Aloha Stadium today and bought a bunch of T-shirts and other Hawaiian stuff. It was fun feeling like a tourist for a day. I bought some really cool large wood carved Tiki's and some signs. I plan on building a Tiki bar in my garage when I get back to the mainland. thats right, I'm going to have a bar in my garage, the plan is, after a long day of riding or paddling the guys can come hang out have a beer and relax. Well thats the plan, don't know it will get much use, I'm trying out the "build it and they will come" business model. LOL