Saturday, September 18, 2010

Truck is on its way

Shipped the Truck yesterday, It was painless compared to shipping the Van, It took about an hour or so. I washed it and drove it right to the port. I had to take an extra long detour because I had put a needles width to much of fuel in the tank, and from my experience with the T3 Vanagon, I was not going to chance it. I arrived with the needle right at the 1/4 (.25 of my fuel tank capacity for you metric guys) mark, so no arguments from the draconian port officials. Getting back home was another issue all to together, those of you that know me really well know I'm not known for my thorough well tough-out plans or for my spelling abilities while were at it. 

I eventually gave up on trying to hitch a ride or find a bus stop near the terminal and ended up calling a cab. while riding on the cab I decided that a stop at the Aloha tower and Gordon Biersch was in order, after an incredible Oktoberfest themed lunch, I took a short walk to a near bus stop. After waiting for almost an hour in the blazing sun, my bus finally arrived. I boarded and soon noticed the smell of alcohol and tobacco, interesting I thought, I soon realized that I had been missing out all these years, it turns out the public bus was more entertainment than HBO on a Friday night. I dont know what was more fun to watch the drunk guy trowing up in the back of the bus, the lady screaming at the bus driver or the crazy homeless guy urinating down the rear exit steps. that was on a 20 minute ride, can you imagine all the fun I have been missing out on all these years. we will never know.....