Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goemans updated Magicshine 900

Magicshine 900 

Well, what do you know, one of my favorite lights just got better, A few weeks ago I gave my Magicshine to a very special person in my life. It was 6 months old and still working flawlessly after heavy use on the trail and as my commuting and loanout light. I started missing it immediately so decided to replace it with another one, so I ordered it. Imagine my surprise when one of the things I hated about my old light was corrected. The battery pack is now actually functional and looks and feels like a quality component. The battery bag was also improved and is a league above the old crappy one. The light itself is the same, and that is a good thing.

I also own a NR 1200 which has been nothing but problems, the first one was DOA and the second one is very finicky. impossibly bright when its working, infuriating when its not. I consider it unreliable and wasted money

My old NR Moab is a different story, as long as you dont yank on the cables when you disconect them its reliable, goes for ever, and is very bright, I consider this the best light I own.