Sunday, September 12, 2010

Got a Nook

Got me ones of those Nook electronic book things, so far so good. My intent was to have something to read while on airplanes or down time during my trips, I like to read but hate carrying books. I have been taking the thing with me everywhere I go. the battery last for ever and I find it easier to read than an actual book. Its light, I dont have to hold the thing open and I can take hundreds of books in the little pad.  the coolest part I think is the fact that as long as I have a wi-fi connection or 3G network within range I can buy books right from the nook. I have found this to be a really cool feature. I can also download books from public and online library's. I have declared my little nook (I call it nookie) an essential part of my adventure kit, right next to my GPS and my anti chafe cream. If you get a chance to check one out do it, you will fall in love with it. I think the nook and other similar devises like the Kindle are going to do to books what the Ipod did to CDs. well see....