Thursday, September 23, 2010

Got The New House Today

Well, went and signed my life away and got the keys to my new home, the house was finished 2 weeks ago. I'm exited, but I think I overdid it, well, at least I wont be short on space for all my gear, bikes and Kayaks. The sucky thing is I have to buy lots of furniture because the house is more than twice the size of my condo in Hawaii, as a mater of fact the kitchen dining room and second living room are bigger then my condo was, not to mention the extra bedrooms and the main living room.

I have been taking cabs since I arrived two days ago, you can see one in my driveway, and let me tell you, it has gotten expensive really fast. I cant wait to pick up the T3 Vanagon in a few days, and thats a huge worry for me all on its own. I have to take a greyhound bus all the way to Saint Luis Missouri, about 5 hours away one way. Then I have to drive back with the Van, unproven over such a long distance and I have no tools or spare parts. I guess we will find out if I'm as good a mechanic as I hope I am.