Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dirt, Guts and Donuts II

The Best Race Ever!!!

Here it is, Ive been here for less than a month and the first bike race in October is coming up in less than two weeks, My bikes will be here in three days so I'm going to go for it. My goal is simple, dont be last. This simple goal might be harder than it sounds, being as I haven't even seen my bikes for over three months and haven't been able to ride one in almost four. The good thing is that the looming race will give me the motivation I need to get on the bike and train hard for the next two weeks. I have to loose at least 10lbs, that will be the easy part. I have to get acclimated and learn the terrain. I dont even know where the place is that the race is being held. No worries, I have a plan. If I'm not doing to good by the time I reach the second doughnut shop, I will stop and eat my way to victory. One thing I got on bike racer types is I can eat some Krispy Kremes like no ones business. While their super tuned digestive system revolts from all the grease and sugar, my goat-like stomach will be chugging away efficiently, digesting the tasty fatpills, fueling me like spinach fuels Popeye. I'm even taking a water bottle full of milk, I will use it to intimidate the competition into submission. That or I will cramp up into a ball and puke my guts out before the first stop....