Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adventure destinations

Well today is an off day, I decided to do absolutely nothing but look up possible destinations on line, not  ideal but its all I have right now. so far it looks like I will be riding my bike in an area called the Land Between The Lakes . From what I can tell, I will be doing lots of Trail riding in this place, looks like I will be Kayaking and camping here as well. I have high hopes for this place, on paper its perfect, its close its big and its got it all...heres a quote from the Nation Park Service


" With more than 170,000 acres and 300 miles of undeveloped shoreline, you'll discover a wide range of opportunities in LBL to create memories that will last a lifetime." 


Second place I was looking at is Rotary Park, looks like this is going to be the place to ride DH and FR locally, cant find much on the internet about Rotary Park, just a post here and there. Thats OK though, from what I have read its going to be fun. About 1.5 to 2 hours away I found Hamilton Creek. seems well organized and maintained, should be fun. I have no shortage of places to go kayaking, the plan is if its to wet to go mountain biking, I will go kayaking. I think this will work out well.

On a side note, my Tacoma developed a leak in the rear axle seal, I cant ship it like this, so now, I have to add that to the list of things to do before I leave. AWESOME!!!! it never ends.

Glenn, one of my friends and the guy mostly responsible for me riding DH called me a few minutes ago, he wanted to know if I wanted to go hit the DH...I turned him down reluctantly. this sucks. Paz